Cart Size Exchanges
Residents wishing to exchange the size of their garbage carts will be able to do so starting on April 1st. There is no cost to exchange your carts during the month of April. After that, a $25 exchange fee per cart will apply.
- Requests can be placed online at peelregion.ca/waste, or over the phone.
- Cart exchanges will occur the day after collection day, to ensure the carts are empty.
- Residents requesting both the garbage and recycling cart exchanges will have this completed over a two week period.
- Residents will be required to have their carts empty and accessible for the cart exchange.
- If the carts are not empty/accessible, the vendor will leave a door hanger at the house indicating when they will reattempt the cart exchange.
- Depending on the volume of requests, the exchanges may take up to June 25, 2016
Yard Waste Collection began March 14th
In previous years, yard waste collection started in April and ran through to the end of November. This is the first year that yard waste collection started in mid-March and will end in mid-December.
Residents will receive weekly yard waste collection from March 14 to June 30, 2016, bi-weekly yard waste collection from July 4 to September 29, 2016 on their recycling week, and return to weekly collection on October 3rd to December 15th, 2016. Residents can go online to peelregion.ca/waste and enter their address to receive personalized information related to their collection schedule, download the calendar or add the schedule into their electronic device.